About This File
What's New in Version 93.0 See changelog
What's new in this version:
- Firefox now supports the new AVIF image format, which is based on the modern and royalty free AV1 video codec. It offers significant bandwidth savings for sites compared to existing image formats. It also supports transparency and other advanced features.
- Firefox PDF viewer now supports filling more forms (XFA-based forms, used by multiple governments and banks).
- When available system memory is critically low, Firefox on Windows will automatically unload tabs based on their last access time, memory usage, and other attributes. This should help reduce Firefox out-of-memory crashes. Switching to an unloaded tab automatically reloads it.
- To prevent session loss for macOS users who are running Firefox from a mounted .dmg file, they’ll now be prompted to finish installation. This permission prompt only appears the first time these users run Firefox on their computer.
- Firefox now blocks downloads that rely on insecure connections, protecting against potentially malicious or unsafe downloads. and see where to find downloads in Firefox.
- Improved web compatibility for privacy protections with SmartBlock 3.0.
- Introducing a new referrer tracking protection in Strict Tracking Protection and Private Browsing.
- The VoiceOver screen reader now correctly reports checkable items in accessible tree controls as checked or unchecked
- The Orca screen reader now works correctly with Firefox, no longer requiring users to switch to another application after starting Firefox.
- Various security fixes
- TLS ciphersuites that use 3DES have been disabled. Such ciphersuites can only be enabled when deprecated versions of TLS are also enabled.
- The download panel now follows the Firefox visual styles
- The UI for has been implemented